- Format drive as NTFS. You can do this by opening up your drive in Windows Explorer and right clicking on your drive and clicking format. Make sure to back up any information you have on the drive as you will lose it during the format.
- Mount your Windows 10 Tech Preview iso with your favorite iso mounter
- Next open an elevated Command Prompt by clicking the start button, typing in cmd, and hitting the Ctrl +Shift + Enter keys all at once.
- In the Command Prompt type “F:” (change F to your mounted Windows 10 iso drive)
- now run the following commands
bootsect.exe /NT60 G:
Change “G” to your usb drives letter
- Copy all of the files from your mounted Windows 10 iso to your thumb drive.
- Eject thumb drive.
- Boot up your test machine from the drive and install Windows 10 Tech Preview.